Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Baby Chase is Born

Some reason the pictures came in backwards. I am finally posting pictures of after Chase was born. 
So all day Tuesday November 18 I was having contractions nothing consistent and by 10pm they were going away so luckly I got some sleep that night. I woke up at 4 am and the contractions were back every 5 minutes, but they didn't seem to progress much and again by 7:30 am they were coming every 10 to 15 minutes. I tried to get Peter to go on a walk with me but Morgan was still sleeping. We did get everything ready, because I was having contractions so often. I was frustrated so I layed down to take a nap. That didn't work because then the real contractions started. I had Peter messaging my back during contractions and Morgan playing with my hair.
We got to the Birthing Suite at 11:30 am and my mom came to pick Morgan up shortly after we got there. My contractions were hard, but only coming every 7 minutes. 
We had a nice, intimate birth with just Peter and my midwife. It was really calm. We laughed lots and we even ate chips and salsa while I sat in the bath tube. (Not like I would have pictured it to be). 
Don't worry it wasn't all easy and fun. I spent about 2 hours pushing out my big 8 pound 15 ounce boy. I guess he pooped a lot when he came out so he would have been 9 pounds. But because of my wonderful husbands couching I didn't tear at all. 
At 5:49 pm Chase Randall Hill was born. He is so beautiful even with all the vernix on him. What amazing things our bodies can do. I look at him and can't believe he was inside me. Heavenly Father loves us so much that he sends such sweet spirits to us here on earth. 




5 comments:

Trisha said...

YAY I have been waiting to see pictures of your new little one. He is precious!! We are so so happy for you and your family!

Kevin and Laurie Anderson said...

He is so cute Kristi. I am so grateful I was there to see him. Thanks for posting pictures. By the way, Are you guys in Canada yet?

Triston said...

Hey I saw your blog on Kirstens and had to peek. I didn't know you were expecting, congrats!!! Cute blog hope things are going good for you guys.

Camille said...

Hey!! I didn't know you have a blog! I'm glad you finally came out of the shadows and left me a comment. In answer to your question, yes! I am pregnant again! I'm due June 18th. How fun that you have a new little one! It's sad that I'm so out of the loop that I don't think I had even heard the good news. Congrats!

Unknown said...

Congrats on your new little one! So exciting! I'll have to show C.J. your pics! Take Care, Judy